The Decontracting Massage
An iron for muscles!
The Decontracting Massage is a treatment limited to a specific body's part ; releases tension and contractures and it is considered a true spa treatment for those who have muscle pain localized in specific districts as a result of poor posture, inadequate physical exertion, automobile accidents or on the job, organic causes, emotional disorder by food or fatigue.
When a muscle contracts, it shortens and, consequently, limits our movements' extension amplitude ; This gives the feeling of being tied up and stiffened, causing pain and, in the acute phase, it can block the motions.
Why does muscle contract?
Because the human body is a perfect machine and works in a logical way.
Some researchers have found that muscle tissue has a "memory", that seems to be able to store and keep track of damage, trauma or states of suffering that occur in the bones, joints and even organs.
Often the muscle contracture is nothing but the result of a trauma, such as a bruise, a joints inflammation , or states of suffering such as osteoporosis or disc herniation. Basically, the muscle has been likened to a photographic film on which they are "imprinted" all our body's problems . This is why many times we seem to have stones under the skin, the muscles like rubber bands or we feel them as real and tangled skeins.
The muscle is composed of elastic fibers that can stretch, lengthen and soften with specific massage. The Decontracting Massage is a special technique that allows you to loosen the muscles fiber by fiber. The skilled operators' hands are used as an iron flowing over a crumpled shirt: the folds are stretched and imperfections are corrected.
The Decontracting Massage is therefore indicated in the treatment of:
- Joint locks: depend on an alteration in the joints functioning ;
- Contractures: persistent and painful involuntary muscle contraction;
- Joint pain and muscle spasms: may depend on many causes, such as results of a bruise, a state of general fatigue, by the accumulation of catabolites or improper eating habits, or due to involuntary contractions in anxious people who keep themselves in "defense" and contracted;
- Heaviness: slow stomach emptying and, in the digestion process, which may be accompanied by nausea;
- Stiffness: decreased joint movement due to muscles hardening or mechanical joints locking
- Anxiety: anguished feeling that is accompanied by discomfort and agitation
The technique is based on three main elements:
- Pure Pressure : very light and gentle movements in the acute phase or deep and vigorously rubbing for a long-standing contracture, kneading to get unstuck and make it more elastic tissues;
- Percussion or keystrokes: taps located with stimulating effect and vasodilator that reflexively loosen the muscles;
- Using specific oils whose active principle is based on vitamin E, which acts as a energizing, combined with the essential oils' relaxing effects;
Depending on the problem, the tissue, the location and the stage at which there is a contracture, you can use different techniques and approaches, not only because the massage works to relax the contraction itself, but also to stimulate the circulation of the blood which consequently , by providing more oxygen to the entire body, and especially to the tissues will lead to a general improvement.
Another very important thing is always to take care of the whole body and not just of the painful part, as all our body's parts are connected to each other; In fact, it is very important during the massage, perceive themselves in your totality and wholeness.